CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Dad post

After some careful thought and planning I've decided it's time for Dad to blog an entry. Lately, I realized that there are a lot of pictures of Amanda and Jack due to me always being behind the camera. This blog will only consist of pictures of me and the little guy, sorry babe, love ya!
Well these past two weeks have been pretty busy with two class trips in a row. Last week I went to observe a meeting for the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners,
as Amanda already alluded to, that observing architects thing. However, I had a great time meeting with some pretty important people and hearing some enforcement and general council cases. Basically what the TBAE does is regulate the overall practice of architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture. They create, enact and modify policies on licensing of these three fields; they even have the power to revoke a license. Essentially, they hold the fate and future of architecture in their hands. And the weekend before that the weekend was spent in Ft. Worth where we went to the Kimbell Art Museum, Modern Art Museum, and the Water Gardens. All of it really cool if you are me. If you're already bored , as my dad used to say, hide and watch. It will get more interesting for those who are not interested in architecture.

Something else also has been happening this week. My dad calls me, A LOT. When I pick up the phone the first thing that I always hear is like the sound of a NASCAR rally. That's because he finally fired off the engine of my Mustang.
For a little background, he told me and my brother he would rebuild two Mustangs and give them to us as our college gift and when we are able to keep it in our own garage. Kurt's was finished in 2006 and mine is coming shortly. Needless to say I have a pretty cool dad.


This is mine. It's a '64 1/2. There's still some more cosmetic
pieces to be put on it but other than that she will be street
legal in a few weeks.

And here is where I end the Dad post with some pictures of Jack and I.

Jack and I briefly wrestled and then he got tired of it and cried.

Taken just before this post, so as of now this is the most recent picture
of the two of us. We look happy but we were watching a really bad
football game. Boo Patriots.


No comments: