
Here's my version of our introduction to 2009...
Last year we spent New Years Eve with Heather and Dave and had a blast. We had P.F. Changs and played on the Wii all night. I was pregnant so I think I was asleep by 11:00 I couldn't take it after that. During my pregnancy I regularly went to bed around 9pm. 10pm would have really been pushing it for me. This year Heather planned on making dinner and having us and some other friends over to Ring in the New Year. We arrived in Ft.Worth at around 3:30pm. I finally finished unpacking Jack's stuff and our stuff around 6pm. Heather had dinner ready at 7:30 so we all sat down to eat a delicious chili together. A little before we ate Kris mentioned he didn't really feel normal inbetween 2 straight hours of Guitar Hero. He had a headache and couldn't place it, but just kept saying he didn't feel well. At about 7:35pm Kris excused his self from the table, and that was the beginning of a VERY long night. For the next five hours I went back and forth checking on Kris and taking care of Jack. This is when Heather and Dave kicked it into high gear and took on entertaining Jack periodically so I could take care of Kris. At about 12:30am, when Kris had lost every bit of color he said he thought he needed to go to the hospital. Thankfully, we have been blessed with incredible friends who jumped in to help. Chad let us use his TomTom so we didn't get lost-April was very helpful. Then I had to figure out how to take care of both my boys in two different places. The Incredible Dave said he would take care of Jack through the night and Heather offered to drive us to the hospital and stay with us-I wanted Heather with me. Between the hours of 12:30am and 6:30am we were at the Richland Hills emergency room and Dave was at his house not sleeping. My precious son knew something was going on and woke up every three hours to eat and not go back to sleep. Heather got a phone call at 3:45am asking if Jack is supposed to go back to sleep after he eats. Heather quickly asked if Jack was upset or crying only to have Dave say, he's wide awake. Poor Dave, Jack would sit up and smile everytime Dave tried to lay him down. Eventually both of them fell asleep. I think it's fair to say, Kris was the only one sleeping that night. Once he got some fluids in him and medicine to help the symptoms he was out like a log. By the time we got home Heather and I were exhausted. Thankfully, Dave took care of Kris's prescriptions while I fed Jack (at 7am) and then slept for about 45 minutes. I fell asleep with Jack on the couch in the living room. Around 8pm Jack woke up and started crying and all of a sudden there were hands in my face asking for Jack. Dave offered to stay awake with Jack because he couldn't go back to sleep. I am so thankful for the 3 hours of sleep Dave let me have. Later that afternoon Kris's parents called to let us know they were going to be driving to Ft. Worth to pick us up. Thank goodness! I don't think I could have made the drive back to Abilene and stayed awake for it. We got back to Abilene around 6:30pm and that's where the unpacking started along with the experience of taking care of a sick/virusy husband and a baby...all without sleep. Really, within 24 hours I felt God's incredible hand in so many ways. We have been blessed with incredible friends and family who sacrified their sleep, plans, time and energy to take care of us. Thank you! We love all of you who helped us and took care of us. During everything I was reminded of the Lord's promise to provide for his children.
1 comment:
I feel better about this explanation since my name was mentioned plenty of times! Thank you for the second recap:) It was a night to remember. We love you all sooo much!
Post a Comment