To date this is one of the hardest things I've had to post. Recently, Kris and I have been thinking that Lilly hasn't been too happy here with us. This past week at work Kris was talking to Shannon (boss) and showing her some pictures of Jack on his phone. As usual he also had some pictures of Lilly on his phone too. When Shannon saw Lilly she said, "is that a HARLEQUIN GREAT DANE?!" Kris, said, yes and then started the conversation about our sweet puppy. Long story short we dropped Lilly off at her new home today. As I sit here crying I am reminded of how much I am going to miss her. We are both wholeheartedly convinced Lilly is going to be much happier. She now has an 8 year old little boy who only wants to be her best friend, 3 new doggie friends and a huge backyard with a pool(perfect water bowl) for her. Shannon and her family fell in LOVE with Lilly instantly. The most important reason we are okay with this
as I wipe away tears is that we have been praying and praying about this exact moment for some time now. I know there's a little boy who will be blessed by that
little puppy. Tomorrow we'll be taking all of her stuff over to her new home where she is at tonight.
Lilly at 3 weeks old.

Lilly at about 3 months old

Lilly at 2 yrs old
2 comments:
awwww i am so sorry to hear that you no longer are the parents of lilly :( I can't even imagine how hard this must be... i love your pics of Jack! he is simply adorable! :)
I totally understand! I had to give away my Lillie dog when Emma was a week old. We were not allowed to have a dog at our new house so she went to live with my sister. It was very hard but she is so happy now and it is a lot easier not having a dog and a baby!
Post a Comment